Craving something light, salty and delicious? Well look no further than kale chips for a satisfying snack, that is no doubt significantly healthier than potato chips! This perfect snack is incredibly EASY and FAST to make and you can make any flavour you wish. This recipe is for lightly salted kale chips, but I have done salt and vinegar, hot red pepper, rosemary and olive oil….basically anything that comes to mind that I can mix in before it goes into the oven!
Kale is a nutrient dense foods that is filled with so many beneficial vitamins and nutrients!
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Organic Kale
- Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Thoroughly wash and spin dry as much kale as desired, yet take note that when kale is cooked it shrivels up to be about 1/3 of its original size. I usually use about 1/2 to of a bunch for a bowl full.
2. Separate the kale leaves from their stems. The leaves are what make great light and crunchy crunchy chips, so try to use as little as the stems as possible! Tear leaves into bite size pieces.
3. Place the kale in a bowl and massage the olive oil into each leaf, then add around 1 tsp of salt, and continue to massage the leaves ( I know how weird this sounds)!
4. Lay out the kale chips evenly on a parchment covered baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350 F (just under 180 C) for 10 minutes.
6. Check around 5 minutes to make sure they are not burning, if so, mix them around on the baking sheet.