This easy veggie rice bowl is a quick and flavourful lunch or dinner! It is comprised of simple, natural ingredients that you most likely already have in your pantry, fridge and freezer. This is a great recipe to use for meal prepping for the week ahead, since you can make many containers full with ease. I would actually recommend making more than one serving, for convenience-sake.
I already had the steamed carrots and cooked rice in my fridge as well as frozen peas in the freezer, when making this dish. So assembling the meal was very quick! Adding protein (meat/seafood) would take a little longer due to cook time, but if you don’t have the time this dish is filling and flavourful enough without the addition of meat.
Need more healthy lunch and dinner recipes? Give these a try!
- Sesame Spinach Snap Pea Bowl
- Zucchini “Spaghetti” with Meatballs
- BBQ Chicken & Avocado Bowl
- Spiralized Buddha Bowl
- The Healthy Work Salad
Easy Veggie Rice BowlPrint This
- Pre-made or Steamed Rice (Tilda brand is my favourite)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Spanish onion (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (chopped)
- Soya Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
- OPTIONAL: shrimp or chicken
- If adding in chicken or shrimp, cook and season first.
- Cook (or heat) the rice according to packaging and steam the carrot till soft.
- In a pan sauté the onions.
- Add the rice, peas and carrot to the sautéed onion. Stir and heat until thoroughly combined and warm, then add in the egg. Stir until cooked and combined.
- Add in the soya sauce (to taste) and stir.
- Top with sesame seeds
Any comments or questions? We would LOVE to hear from you!
THE FIT HIVE
Happy Bowl Making,