These super delicious and secretly healthy bars are perfect for a sweet treat on-the-go or at home! Instead of stopping off at you regular coffee shop for a pick me up donut, croissant or muffin after work (right when those 3pm cravings set in) keep a few of these in your bag at all times, as a healthy, delicious and guilt free chocolatey treat! They are also incredibly easy and simple to make.
Give them a try for yourself and let me know what you think!
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups puffed quinoa (or puffed rice)
- handful or raw cashews
- handful of unsweetened shredded coconut
- OPTIONAL: vegan mini chipits (or regular) to sprinkle on top
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients together, EXCEPT for the puffed quinoa, raw cashews, coconut and mini chipits into a saucepan. Place the sauce pan on medium-low heat, and stir until the ingredients create a consistent sauce-like mixture that is thoroughly melted and mixed.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the quinoa, cashews and coconut into the mixture and stir to completely coat the newly added ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the lined loaf pan and press it down so that the top is level throughout. Sprinkle a handful of chipits over the top.
- Place the loaf pan into the freezer for 1-2 hours, to let them set.
- Remove from freezer, cut into squares and enjoy!
- They can be stored in either the freezer, or refrigerator.