This delicious combination of flavours is one of my go-to breakfasts this summer, as it is fast, delicious and full of healthy fibre, iron and proteins! I usually pair it with a freshly squeezed juice and that amazing combination keeps me full all the way up until lunch.
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 5 raw almonds
- 5 raw peanuts
- 5 raw cashews
- 10 raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 organic apple (chopped into bite size cubes)
- 1 pitted date
- small amount of coconut oil
- tiny splash of maple syrup
- tiny splash of water if needed
- OPTIONAL: almond milk
To make the caramel I usually blend/mix all of the caramel ingredients together in a small bowl, with a fork until they are nicely combined. I then make the oatmeal, press the caramel into the middle of the oatmeal, to get all warm, and then top with nuts and apple. So delicious and simple!