This healthier twist on a classic french truffle is straight up DELICIOUS! Slightly crunchy, with a soft outer coating of homemade chocolate, this is quite the chocaholics fantasy! I kept some of these in both the freezer and the fridge and they kept really well in both places! They were perfect for that sweet craving, and just one was satisfying enough!
GLUTEN FREE ✔
REFINED SUGAR FREE ✔
SALT FREE ✔
100% GUILT FREE ✔
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts (soak these overnight)
- 8 raw almonds
- 7 medjool pitted dates
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil (melted)
CHOCOLATE OUTER COATING:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Rinse and drain the raw hazelnuts. Then place on an oven tray and roast in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 F.
- Take out of the oven and shake the tray to remove as many of the skins from the hazelnuts as possible.
- Add the hazelnuts and almonds to your food processor until you get a fine powder. Then, add the dates one by one, blending on high.
- Add the rest of the truffle ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine all of your chocolate ingredients.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of your truffle batter and roll into small balls.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate and place into a sealed container if putting into the freezer or fridge and plate if serving right away.