These donuts are so delicious I can’t stop eating them! They are so easy and fast to make, while being both chocolatey and sweet with a store-bought donut consistency.
I am so happy with how these turned out 🙂 I don’t have a donut pan, so just used a muffin tin and right when they came out of the oven quickly cut out a circle in the middle of each thin “muffin”. SO simple yet SO good!
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp almond flour (you can use any type of flour)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, or cane sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup warm almond milk
- 2 tbsp melted organic coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup powered sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- OPTIONAL: shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl combine all of your dry ingredients. In a separate smaller bowl combine all of your wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. Your mixture should be nice and thick.
3. Spray you donut or muffin tin with non-stick baking spray and scoop your donut batter into the tins.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick that is inserted into the middle comes out clean.
5. While your donuts are cooling prepare the coconut glaze. In a small bowl combine the powdered sugar and coconut cream. Mix together until creamy and until all lumps disappear (should be a smooth consistency).
6. After the donuts are cool, transfer them to a large plate and pour the glaze over the. Top with shredded unsweetened coconut.
Happy Donut Making,