I don’t know about any of you but I LOVE the combination of chocolate and coconut…almost as much as I love chocolate and peanut butter together! So this dessert is a beautiful combination of both.
It is light, vegan, gluten free and full of fibre and nutrients! And the best part is that I got to use my brand new food processor, it is AMAZING, it is my newest love and I can already tell that it will be my biggest distraction from studying this year!
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 2 tbsp hemp seed
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: a handful of dark chocolate chips
1. Place the oats, cocoa, coconut and dates into the food processor and blend on high until finely ground.
2. Place the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and continue to blend until nicely combined.
3. Press the mixture firmly into a loaf pan and and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours (covered). Cut into squares and enjoy!