Warning, before we even get started here! These donuts are straight up addictive – but in the best way possible of course. These perfect pink vegan donuts are incredibly delicious, sweet, fluffy and dangerously guilt-free! They are the utmost perfect dessert to make for a significant other, girls night, or just when you need a sweet pink treat.
For the donuts themselves, I have both a vegan and non-vegan version for you (the only real changes would be the butter and eggs). But or the glaze, I first tried out a vegan recipe and let’s just say …. it went terribly wrong. So for the glaze that is pictured in the photos, I went for a full fat non-vegan version, due to my failed healthy variation! Ps. If you’ve found a vegan glaze recipe that you like, please share it with me – I would love to give it a try.
PS. Don’t have a donut pan? No problem, neither do I! I used muffin tins and cut a whole in the middle of each muffin, for my donuts. As a bonus you get slightly thicker and fluffier donuts this way AND you get the added bonus of DONUT HOLES (the little whole cut out from the middle of the muffins)!! These dipped in batter are the PERFECT little taster treat and tester for those in the house who have been forced to smell the donuts baking!
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 + 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut milk (solid coconut cream from 1 can of coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter OR regular unsalted butter (for non-vegan recipe)
- 2 flax eggs OR regular eggs (for non-vegan recipe)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line either your muffin tins with cups or grease up your donut pan.
- In a large bowl sift together all of the dry ingredients. Stir till combined.
- In a medium sized sauce pan over low heat, combine the wet ingredients. Whisk until all ingredients are melted and well combined.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients. Whisk until evenly combined.
- Spoon the mixture into your donut pan or muffin cups.
- For muffin cups bake for 25 min. and for donut pan bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack before frosting. Once cool, cut out the centre of the muffins.
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Food colouring (red)
Whisk all ingredients together until completely smooth (I used my Kitchen Aid mixer). Dip each donut into the glaze and top with desired sprinkles. Make sure to keep leftovers in the fridge, the should keep for 3-4 days. Or you can freeze them – perfect for whenever you feel that sugar craving coming on!
If you have any comments or questions about these Perfect Pink Vegan Donuts, please comment below or send me an email!