This special sweet treat is almost too good to be true! With only 2 ingredients and countless topping options, it is a must try dessert for those who are wanting to start the new year with a healthier variation of a decadent dessert. These truffles are rich, not too sweet, super chocolatey and will curb those sugar cravings with just one truffle!
Amazing!? I think so!
- 2 Cups Pitted Medjool Dates
- 3/4 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips (melted)
- OPTIONAL: Shredded Coconut, Chopped Nuts, Cocoa Powder or Sea Salt
- Combine the melted vegan chocolate chips and pitted dates in a high speed blender. Blend till thoroughly combined and comes to a thick, sticky consistency.
- Scoop the mixture out of the blender and roll into small balls, then place these onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roll the balls in your desired topping (I used coconut flakes for this batch) and place them back onto the baking sheet.
- Place the completed truffles in the freezer for at least 1 hour before enjoying.
Thats it! These can be kept in an air tight container in the freezer or fridge for 2 weeks…but I am SURE that they won’t last that long!
Happy Truffle Eating!
If you have any comments or questions I would LOVE to hear from you!
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think!